- Horseback tours on Maui offer a peaceful and nature-friendly way to experience remote areas of the island, learn about the Hawaii of the Paniolos and enjoy the great wide open away from the bustle of everyday Maui. Most tours are operated by life-time paniolos. Rides range from beginner to advanced and offer times from morning to evening.
- Pony Express Tours - Pony Express specializes in horseback tours on beautiful Haleakala on Maui, Hawaii. From the verdant expanses of Haleakala Ranch to the other-wordly terrain of Haleakala Crater.
- Adventures on Horseback - Majestic 200+ foot cliffs and the high hills around Haleakala volcano comprise this specially designed tour for those in good physical shape. Includes some hiking and swimming in fresh water pools and jungle waterfalls. Charters are also available.
- Lahaina Stables - Historic tour along the West Maui mountains, near Lahaina and Ka’anapali. Sunset and specialty rides available.
- Maui Stables - Native Hawaiian Owned and Operated Maui Horseback Tours: An historical and cultural tour through an ancient unspoiled landscape. Two tours daily in the verdant Kipahulu area of Haleakala National Park. Kipahulu is between Hana and Kaupo a lush tropical landscape and the East Maui sea. Share the history of Maui with chants, prayers, and oral traditions passed down to you from ancient Hawaii.
- Mendes Ranch - THE MENDES RANCH TRAIL RIDES: Paniolo Horseback – Helicopter Combination. Remote 2.5 to 3 hour ride with Paniolo style BBQ lunch. Unforgettable ride at the top of the West Maui mountains with real paniolos. Some of Maui’s largest waterfalls are hidden here and waiting for you.
- Piiholo Ranch Horseback Rides - 2000 feet above sea level on the slopes of Haleakala, near a rainforest. Focuses on Safety and getting just the right horse for you.Intimate rides of 6 people or less. Private rides available. Lessons and special events too.
- Makena Stables - We offer a unique riding opportunity for you to saddle up and ride with the owner of the stables operating since 1983. Maui born Patrick Borge, Paniolo (cowboy) whose knowledge and aloha for the aina (land) and his horses shines through on each tour.
We know you’ll enjoy your stay and everyone here at Luana Kai , your Maui condo rentals resort is happy to help you with recommendations on favorite activities, restaurants, beaches and anything else you may want to find out. Aloha!