Sometimes you want to do something a little bit different than the standard fair. Here are activities that do not fit well into other categories. Maui has plenty of things to do.
- Check out shows and exhibitions at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center – Scores of venues year round.
- Maui Scuba Diving – Review descriptions and maps for dozens of Maui scuba diving locations in Maui. Find out why the islands that make up Maui county are world famous for scuba diving.
- Maui Ocean Center – The Maui Ocean Center is host to exotic and mundane samples of the many varieties of sea life found in the Hawaiian Archipelago. It is the perfect place to take the kids or to enjoy alone. The main feature is an under-water tunnel where manta rays and tiger sharks swim above, below and sometimes directly at you. The jelly fish room is also a special treat. The few shops included are tasteful, featuring the work of select Maui Artists.
- Maui Fun Factory’s – There are Fun Factory’s in Kukui Mall in Kihei and in Kaahumanu Mall and Maui Mall in Kahului. The Kaahumanu location is the largest. Fun Factory’s offer video games and carnival type games to win tickets to get prizes. They are especially fun for the youngsters but adults may enjoy competitive driving games, horse racing or some of the games of skill. You can never have to many plastic tiaras or sticky frog props! The Kukui Mall location is not listed on the website but I assure you it is there.
- Maui Golf & Sports Park – With 36 holes on two courses this miniature golf kingdom in Ma’alaea can provide hours of fun. Golf through the waterfall covered volcano! Additionally you can get wet on bumper boats with squirting cannons or squirt the boats from shore cannons. (Don’t get pushed under the waterfall or you’ll get very wet). A large rock climbing tower and super trampoline are also provided as well as a snack bar and tables for eating. Available for birthday parties.
- Glow Putt Mini golf – This indoor glowing mini-golf experience is located in Lahaina Town. With a wide array of glowing arrangements children will be delighted as their glowing balls travel to the greens. It is air conditioned and fun for the whole family.
- Maui Tropical Plantation – Take a tour of a real working old-style Maui Plantation. Take the Tropical Tram through orchards and fields of tropical fruits and flowers. Tour exhibits detailing the history of Hawaiian coffee, sugarcane, pineapple, mAngo, avocado, coconut, and the lives of those who worked the fields. The Waikapu Grill offers fine dining with panoramic vistas of Maui. A gazebo is available for weddings. Get plantation era souvenirs in the The Country Store.
- Maui Cave Adventures – Ar Ka’Eleku Caverns you’ll tour with experienced guides deep into the subterranean lava tubes created over a millenia ago. Several tours are available and safety is assured. No bats here!
- Skyline Eco Adventures – For something completely different. Come soar through old Eucalyptus forests and over deep ravines waterfalls and native vegetation on this zip line adventure thrill park. There is a trail for those not ‘zipping’ so you can bring the whole family to enjoy swinging bridges and a brisk walk.