Wailea, Maui Restaurants
Wailea Restaurants comprise some fantastic award winning eating experiences. Maui is famous for it’s resorts and golf courses and most of these great restaurants are attached to one of them. Some of the best Maui restaurants are right here, overlooking Molokini crater and the island of Kaho’olawe. Wailea Shopping Village is home to two distinct daughter restaurants, Longhi’s and Cheese Burger in Paradise, both with founding restaurants in Lahaina.
- Morimoto Maui – Masaharu Morimoto is known for the “Iron Chef” and “Iron Chef America” TV shows. Masaharu Morimoto Restaurants at Chef DB, too numerous to mention here. He now creates the outstanding menu at several of his restaurants including Morimoto Maui at the Andaz resort in Wailea. Can you say Sashimi? Only the best Sashimi the island has to offer and so many combinations and sauces! Yeah you can still get cooked fish if you must and it’s just as good. Everything about Morimoto’s whispers fresh Japanese seafood cuisine with a cosmopolitan flair.
- Longhi’s of Wailea – World renowned Longhi’s was started in Lahaina Maui by Bob Longhi in 1976. Longhi’s is located in The Shops at Wailea. The menu is extensive and exquisite with unique and perfected twists on every appetizer, entree, and salad. Watch Bob Longhi describe his restaurants himself!
- Cheeseburger Island Style – Has unfortunately closed. Based on the now world famous Cheeseburger in Paradise of Lahaina. The original opened in 1989, the creation of Laren Gartner and Edna Bayliff and swiftly became a huge success. Cheeseburger Island Style has the same great menu as Cheeseburger in Paradise and the same laid back wooden floors and island decor. With it’s classic meaty menu that is very affordable and huge helpings of food, you cannot leave unfulfilled. The menu leans toward cheeseburgers OF COURSE but you can also get seafood, chicken choices, and fresh salads. The bar has a wide selection of great drinks. Who doesn’t want a leisurely sipped umbrella Mai Tai or other Pacific favorite? Try the Blue Cheese and Mushroom Burgers!
- Monkeypod Kitchen – Monkeypod Kitchen is a refreshing take on pacific grill restaurants. Their theme is CRAFT APPRECIATION and it shows. Monkeypod Kitchen is located at the end of Piilani Highway in Wailea. Created by Peter Merriman of “Merriman’s” fame, Monkeypod Kitchen opened in Wailea in 2011 to rave reviews. Our favorites are the select pizzas and truffle fries. The entire selection is lively, with many choices and all uniquely based on Peter Merriman’s style. Fresh local ingredients and Kiawe wood fired ovens make for great flavor combinations. Everybody loves the truffle fries! The drinks are called “Culinary cocktails” and there are 36 world beers and microbrews on tap.
- We have only scratched the surface of Wailea Restaurants and will bring you more as time progresses. Makes sure you dine at the fine Wailea Restaurants mentioned and feel free to let us know your favorites. We look forward to bringing you more of the greatest restaurants Maui has to offer. Aloha!